Admit it, sometimes you just need a break during your Walt Disney World Vacation. A day to sleep in, avoid the rope drop and the queues. A day to relax and take in all that your resort has to offer.
But, in the midst of that relaxing resort day we all know it’s very possible that the younger members of your family might not want to relax. They want to do something “fun.”
We have a few ideas for making your relaxing “day off” a lot of fun. They’re almost guaranteed to stop those dreaded words…”we’re so bored!”
5. If the kids are itching to play some video games, send them to the Goombay Games Arcade. The arcade is full of fun video games and its run on the Arcade Card system so you can purchase a card for each kid and let them have fun for an hour or two. This is also a great rainy day activity!
4. Send the kids on a pirate cruise! If your kids are between the ages of 4 and 12 they can take part in the Pirate Cruise at Caribbean Beach. The cruise departs Barefoot Bay Marina on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays at 9:30 a.m. and returns around 11:30 a.m. with a lunch included. Call 407-WDW-PLAY to make reservations.
3. Spend the day at the Fuentes del Morro Pool and take part in the poolside activities! You and the kids won’t want to “just swim” when you hear about all the fun that takes place each day at the pool. Every day brings a new schedule of fun activities including ‘name that tune,’ Disney Trivia, Wacky Bowling, and Bingo. Every day at 3 p.m. there’s a Jammin’ Pool Party and then at 4 p.m. there’s an Island Dance Party Extravaganza!
2. After spending the day at the pool dancing and playing bingo, start your night off right with a campfire on the beach. Roast s’mores at the Caribbean Campfire on Martinique Beach.
1. And after the campfire, head back to the pool area for movies under the stars. Each night at about 8:30 p.m. near the Banana Cabana Pool Bar guest of Caribbean Beach can enjoy a movie. Every night is a different movie and the titles include ‘Brave,’ ‘Toy Story,’ and ‘Wreck-It-Ralph.’ The movies being shown might change so always check with the front desk or refer to your Activity Sheet.
So there you have it – a few ways to have a relaxing and stress-free resort day. Always check the resort’s activity sheet when you check in to see if they have anything special planned!
What’s your favorite thing to do on a resort day? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Do you love Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort? Join fellow fans over on our Facebook fan page and follow us on our Twitter feed @DisneyHotelsFan!