5. Pirate rooms. The newly renovated Pirate rooms in Trinidad South are a hit with landlubber families! Let your kids experience sleeping in pirate ship beds and play make-believe to their hearts’ content.
4. Lakeside hammocks. There’s nothing better than stealing a moment away with a loved one on one of the numerous hammocks lining the shores of Barefoot Bay. Let the breeze rock you gently, and stargaze or sunbathe, depending on the time of day you get a breather!
3. Barefoot Bay. Speaking of Barefoot Bay, it’s a great reason to stay at Caribbean Beach! Explore Caribbean Cay at its center, or rent a boat or bike at Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works to explore the water or its shores.
2. Old Port Royale theme pool. Easily one of the best theme pools on Disney World property, the Old Port Royale theme pool is zero-entry, with an 82-foot water slide and cool Spanish fort theming. Nearby is a huge wading pool, aqua play area, and two 12-person Jacuzzis. And don’t forget the famous Banana Cabana pool bar!
1. Tropical, relaxing atmosphere. There are many places to seek out a tropical atmosphere at Disney World — the Polynesian Resort, Old Key West, and the Beach Club come to mind — but there’s something especially relaxing about the atmosphere of Caribbean Beach Resort. And certainly, Caribbean Beach is a better budget value than those “other” tropical resorts. It’s quite simply our favorite!